Chapters of The Hunger Games trilogy pdf
Chapter 1: The Reaping
– Katniss Everdeen volunteers as tribute for the Hunger Games to save her younger sister, Prim.
– Peeta Mellark is also chosen as the other tribute from District 12.
– They are led to the Capitol, where they begin their training for the brutal games.
Chapter 2: The Games Begin
– Katniss and Peeta enter the arena with 22 other tributes from different districts.
– They struggle to survive the harsh conditions and must use their skills to outlast their opponents.
– Katniss befriends Rue, a young tribute from District 11.
Chapter 3: Alliance and Betrayal
– Katniss forms an alliance with Rue, helping each other navigate the dangers of the arena.
– Rue is tragically killed, leaving Katniss devastated.
– Katniss and Peeta form a new alliance with a few other tributes to increase their chances of survival.
Chapter 4: Rebellion Starts
– Katniss and Peeta’s actions in the arena gain the attention of the Capitol and inspire hope in the districts.
– They receive gifts from sponsors, indicating support for their defiance against the Games.
– The Capitol tries to manipulate the Games to their advantage, causing chaos and anger among the contestants.
Chapter 5: The Quarter Quell
– The Capitol announces the Quarter Quell, a special edition of the Hunger Games held every 25 years.
– Katniss and Peeta, along with other previous victors, are thrown back into the arena.
– They must face new challenges and dangers, as well as old rivals, in a fight for their lives.
Chapter 6: A Revolution in Motion
– Katniss realizes her actions have sparked a revolution among the districts.
– She becomes the symbol of the rebellion, “The Mockingjay,” and is used to inspire people to rise against the Capitol.
– Katniss, along with other rebels, starts planning strategies to overthrow the oppressive regime.
Chapter 7: The Battle for Panem
– The rebellion gains significant momentum, and Districts unite against the Capitol.
– Katniss finds herself torn between her feelings for Peeta and her childhood friend, Gale.
– The rebels engage in a full-scale battle against the Capitol and its loyalists.
Chapter 8: The Final Showdown
– Katniss, Peeta, and Gale infiltrate the Capitol to assassinate President Snow.
– They face deadly traps and challenges, and many sacrifices are made.
– Katniss is forced to make a difficult decision that could change the course of the revolution.
Chapter 9: Epilogue
– The rebellion succeeds, and Panem undergoes a transformation.
– Katniss tries to rebuild her life after the horrors she experienced.
– She discovers a new meaning and finds hope for a better future.
The Hunger Games trilogy summary