Chapters of The Hunger Games pdf
Chapter 1: “The Reaping”
– Katniss Everdeen, our protagonist, volunteers as tribute instead of her sister, Primrose, for the Hunger Games.
– She reunites with Peeta Mellark, the other tribute from District 12, and they are taken to the Capitol.
Chapter 2: “Training and Interviews”
– Katniss and Peeta train under the guidance of their mentor, Haymitch, to improve their chances of survival.
– They participate in televised interviews where Peeta reveals his love for Katniss, surprising her.
Chapter 3: “The Games Begin”
– The Hunger Games start, and tributes from different districts fight for survival.
– Katniss forms an alliance with a young girl, Rue, from District 11.
Chapter 4: “Friends and Foes”
– Katniss and Rue work together, gathering food and supplies.
– Rue is killed by another tribute, making Katniss vengeful.
Chapter 5: “The Showdown”
– Katniss confronts and kills Rue’s killer, but she is injured during the fight.
– The Gamemakers announce that two tributes from the same district can win if they are the last ones standing.
Chapter 6: “Strategic Alliances”
– Katniss searches for Peeta and discovers he has joined forces with the “Careers” – tributes from wealthier districts.
– She pretends to be in love with Peeta during the televised interviews to gain sympathy.
Chapter 7: “The Feast”
– The Gamemakers organize a feast where each tribute can retrieve something they need.
– Katniss risks her life to save Peeta and retrieves the medicine she needs for her wound.
Chapter 8: “The Final Stretch”
– As the number of tributes dwindles, Katniss and Peeta hide, avoiding confrontations with the remaining tributes.
– They encounter wild and mutated creatures created by the Gamemakers.
Chapter 9: “The Declaration of Love”
– Peeta confesses his love for Katniss, which she questions if it is genuine or part of their survival plan.
– They share a kiss before the final showdown.
Chapter 10: “The Victor”
– Katniss and Peeta are the only remaining tributes, but the Gamemakers announce a rule change – only one can win.
– They decide to consume poisonous berries, intending to die together, but the Gamemakers declare them both winners.
Chapter 11: “Return to District 12”
– Katniss and Peeta return to District 12 as victors, but Katniss is uncertain about her feelings for Peeta.
– The rebellion against the Capitol starts to grow as a consequence of their defiance during the Games.
Chapter 12: “Epilogue”
– Katniss and Peeta are celebrated as heroes but struggle with the consequences of the Games.
– Katniss realizes her feelings for Peeta and reflects on the sacrifices made during the Hunger Games.
The Hunger Games summary