Chapters of The Baby-sitters Club pdf
Chapter 1: Kristy’s Great Idea
– Kristy forms the Baby-sitters Club with her friends Mary Anne, Claudia, and Stacey.
– Kristy gets the idea of a club to provide reliable babysitters to local parents.
– The girls decide to meet regularly and discuss their clients and schedules.
Chapter 2: Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls
– Claudia starts receiving mysterious prank calls at odd hours of the day.
– The Club helps Claudia investigate the caller’s identity.
– Turns out, the calls were coming from a boy named Trevor who had a crush on Claudia.
Chapter 3: The Truth About Stacey
– New member Stacey reveals that she has diabetes.
– The Club learns about managing Stacey’s condition and supporting her.
– The girls plan their first club meeting where Stacey would need to inject insulin.
Chapter 4: Mary Anne Saves the Day
– Mary Anne babysits a four-year-old girl named Jenny Prezzioso.
– Jenny goes missing during Mary Anne’s visit.
– With the help of the Club, Mary Anne finds Jenny hiding in her own home.
Chapter 5: Dawn and the Impossible Three
– Dawn joins the Baby-sitters Club after moving from California.
– She picks up a challenging job of babysitting the Barrett kids.
– Dawn learns to handle difficult children and helps smooth out issues with their mother, Mrs. Barrett.
Chapter 6: Kristy’s Big Day
– Kristy’s mother is getting married, and she wants the Club to be a part of it.
– The Club helps plan the event and also babysits many of the guests’ children.
– Kristy has to face her emotions about her parents’ divorce during the wedding.
Chapter 7: Claudia and Mean Janine
– Claudia’s older sister Janine returns home, causing tensions.
– Janine turns out to be a genius but lacks social skills.
– Claudia helps bridge the gap between Janine and their parents.
Chapter 8: Boy-Crazy Stacey
– Stacey develops a crush on an older boy named Scott.
– The Club supports Stacey through her crush and helps her understand mixed signals.
– Stacey realizes Scott is not worth her time and focuses on friendship.
Chapter 9: The Ghost at Dawn’s House
– Dawn believes her house is haunted after hearing strange noises.
– The Club investigates and discovers that the “ghost” is just a trapped raccoon.
– They help remove the raccoon and calm Dawn’s fears.
Chapter 10: Logan Likes Mary Anne!
– Mary Anne starts dating a boy named Logan.
– Kristy struggles with jealousy and feelings of losing her best friend.
– Kristy eventually realizes she is happy for Mary Anne and accepts their relationship.
Chapter 11: Kristy and the Snobs
– The Club takes on a new client, a wealthy family called the Papadakises.
– The girls face snobbish attitudes from the Papadakis children.
– Kristy stands up to the Papadakis children, teaching them a valuable lesson.
Chapter 12: Claudia and the New Girl
– A new girl, Ashley Wyeth, moves to Stoneybrook, challenging Claudia’s friendship with Stacey.
– Claudia learns to make room for new friends without neglecting old ones.
– The Club rallies together to resolve conflicts and maintain balance.
Chapter 13: Good-bye Stacey, Good-bye
– Stacey decides to move back to New York due to her parents’ rekindled affection.
– The Club throws a farewell party for Stacey and supports her in her decision.
– Stacey promises to keep in touch and remains an honorary member of the Club.
Chapter 14: Hello, Mallory
– Mallory Pike becomes an associate member of the Baby-sitters Club.
– Mallory starts facing challenges with her older sisters, who dislike the Club.
– The Club supports Mallory in finding her own voice and standing up to her sisters.
Chapter 15: Little Miss Stoneybrook… and Dawn
– Dawn participates in the Little Miss Stoneybrook beauty pageant.
– The Club helps her prepare and enjoys attending the event to show support.
– Dawn learns that being true to herself matters more than winning a competition.
Chapter 16: Jessi’s Secret Language
– Jessi creates a secret language to communicate with her friend Quint.
– The Club helps Jessi practice ballet for an upcoming recital.
– Jessi learns the importance of friendship, honesty, and balancing commitments.
Chapter 17: Mary Anne’s Bad-Luck Mystery
– Mary Anne’s life is full of mishaps and bad luck.
– The Club helps her solve the mystery of a supposed curse on her family.
– Mary Anne realizes that superstition doesn’t determine her destiny and gains confidence.
Chapter 18: Stacey’s Mistake
– Stacey’s old friends from New York visit Stoneybrook, causing tension.
– Stacey struggles to fit in with both her old and new friends.
– The Club helps Stacey navigate the situation and supports her in making amends.
Chapter 19: Claudia and the Bad Joke
– Claudia’s classmate plays a hurtful prank on her.
– The Club helps her confront the situation and stand up against bullying.
– Claudia realizes the importance of speaking out against mistreatment.
Chapter 20: Mary Anne and the Zoo Mystery
– Mary Anne visits the zoo and discovers a mystery involving missing animals.
– With the help of the Club, Mary Anne learns that the animals were simply being relocated for their own safety.
– Mary Anne finds herself enjoying solving mysteries and new experiences.
The Baby-sitters Club summary