Chapters of Matilda pdf
Chapter 1: The Reader of Books
– Introduces Matilda Wormwood, a young girl with extraordinary intelligence.
– Describes her uncaring parents, Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood, who dislike reading.
– Matilda visits the library and starts her love affair with books.
Chapter 2: Mr. Wormwood, the Great Car Dealer
– Matilda’s father, Mr. Wormwood, cheats customers by selling faulty cars.
– Matilda discovers her love for numbers and starts playing pranks on her father.
– Mr. Wormwood tries to discourage Matilda from reading.
Chapter 3: The Hat and the Superglue
– Matilda’s parents enroll her in Crunchem Hall Primary School, run by the tyrannical headmistress, Miss Trunchbull.
– Matilda endures cruel punishments and witnesses the mistreatment of her classmates.
– She plots revenge against Miss Trunchbull using her intelligence and resourcefulness.
Chapter 4: The Ghost
– Matilda discovers her supernatural powers, being able to move objects with her mind.
– She tests her powers at home and tries to impress her parents, but they remain indifferent.
– Matilda confides in her kind-hearted teacher, Miss Honey, about her powers.
Chapter 5: The Platinum-Blond Man
– Matilda catches the attention of a mysterious man with platinum-blond hair, who is revealed to be Miss Trunchbull’s stepbrother.
– The man, named Rudolph, befriends Matilda and helps her in her mission against Miss Trunchbull.
– They plan to scare Miss Trunchbull by pretending to haunt her house.
Chapter 6: Lavender
– Matilda befriends a mischievous girl named Lavender, who shares her hatred for Miss Trunchbull.
– They scheme together to play pranks on Miss Trunchbull, making her believe there is a ghost haunting her.
– Matilda continues using her powers to teach Miss Trunchbull a lesson.
Chapter 7: Miss Honey
– Matilda grows closer to Miss Honey and learns about her tragic past.
– Matilda realizes Miss Honey is living in poverty and being oppressed by Miss Trunchbull.
– They vow to help each other and seek justice against the cruel headmistress.
Chapter 8: The Trunchbull’s Mistake
– Miss Trunchbull accuses Matilda of the pranks orchestrated against her.
– Matilda cleverly takes advantage of Miss Trunchbull’s mistake and scares her further.
– The situation escalates, leading to chaos and confusion, but ultimately Matilda avoids being caught.
Chapter 9: The Parents
– Matilda’s parents are summoned to the school due to her exceptional intelligence.
– They refuse to believe Matilda’s abilities, viewing her as a nuisance.
– Matilda reacts by using her powers to scare her parents, forcing them to agree to her academic advancement.
Chapter 10: Miss Honey’s Cottage
– Matilda discovers that Miss Honey lives in a small, rundown cottage filled with memories of her childhood.
– Matilda decides to help Miss Honey, using her abilities on her behalf.
– Miss Honey exposes Miss Trunchbull’s past abuses and reveals her plan to reclaim her rightful inheritance.
Chapter 11: The Platinum-Blond Man Returns
– Rudolph, the platinum-blond man, returns and exposes Miss Trunchbull’s corrupt practices.
– He reveals that Miss Trunchbull cheated Miss Honey out of her inheritance.
– The community supports Miss Honey, leading to Miss Trunchbull’s removal as headmistress.
Chapter 12: Matilda’s Gift
– Matilda’s parents decide to move to Spain, leaving Matilda under Miss Honey’s care.
– Matilda astonishes Miss Honey with her intelligence and love for learning.
– Matilda and Miss Honey form a strong bond, promising to always support and protect each other.