Chapters of Junie B. Jones pdf
Chapter 1: “Kindergarten”
– Junie B. Jones enters kindergarten and feels nervous about this new experience.
– She meets her new teacher, Mrs. Juniper, and struggles to remember her actual last name, calling her “Mrs. Juni-Tur.”
– Junie B. makes new friends, Grace and Lucille, but also encounters a mean boy named Jim.
– Junie B. gets her hand stuck in her new school supplies box and causes a commotion in class.
Chapter 2: “Vacation”
– Junie B. goes on a family vacation to Hawaii.
– She gets excited about the airplane ride, but feels disappointed when she realizes they are not riding in a big jet.
– Junie B. tries to wear her swimsuit everywhere, including to dinner, much to her parents’ amusement.
– She sees beautiful fish while snorkeling but feels scared when she encounters a huge stingray.
– Junie B. enjoys making new friends at the resort and has a fun time playing in the water.
Chapter 3: “Boss of Lunch”
– Junie B. competes in the “Boss of Lunch” contest at school, aiming to become the cafeteria boss for a day.
– She creates a catchy slogan and prepares a speech to convince her classmates to vote for her.
– Junie B. accidentally throws away some important notes, causing her to panic and believe she will lose.
– In the end, Junie B. wins the contest and becomes the cafeteria boss, proudly serving her classmates’ lunches.
Chapter 4: “Teacher’s Pet”
– Junie B. develops a crush on her new teacher, Mr. Scary.
– She tries to behave perfectly to please him and be his favorite student.
– Junie B. gets involved in a pet day event where students bring their pets to school. She brings her pet dog, Tickle.
– Mr. Scary accidentally steps on Junie B.’s pet turtle, ruining her chances of being the teacher’s pet.
– Junie B. realizes that Mr. Scary caring for all students equally is more important than being his favorite.
Chapter 5: “Big Fat Mouth”
– Junie B. learns about being mindful of what she says after being reprimanded for her big mouth.
– She accidentally spreads rumors about her classmate May being an alien from Mars.
– Junie B. tries to apologize to May and make amends for her hurtful words.
– Throughout the chapter, Junie B. learns the importance of being kind and considerate with her words.
Junie B. Jones summary