Chapters of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets pdf
Chapter 1: The Worst Birthday
– Harry receives letters from his friends Ron and Hermione, but doesn’t hear much from the Dursleys.
– Dobby, a house-elf, warns Harry not to go back to Hogwarts and causes chaos in the Dursleys’ home.
Chapter 2: Dobby’s Warning
– Harry, Ron, and Fred and George Weasley rescue Harry from Privet Drive in a flying car.
– Harry is reprimanded by Mr. Weasley and Professor McGonagall for breaking the International Statute of Secrecy.
Chapter 3: The Burrow
– Harry arrives at the Weasleys’ home, the Burrow, and is welcomed warmly.
– Mrs. Weasley fusses over Harry and helps him feel at home.
Chapter 4: At Flourish and Blotts
– The Weasleys take Harry shopping for school supplies in Diagon Alley.
– Harry overhears Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy discussing their son Draco being involved with some mysterious events.
Chapter 5: The Whomping Willow
– The Weasleys and Harry attend a dinner at the Malfoys’ house, but it doesn’t go well.
– On their way back to Hogwarts, a tree on the grounds, the Whomping Willow, damages the car. Ron and Harry crash into the tree and land in the Forbidden Forest.
Chapter 6: Gilderoy Lockhart
– School starts and Harry takes new classes, including Defense Against the Dark Arts taught by Gilderoy Lockhart.
– Lockhart tries to make a good impression but fails miserably.
Chapter 7: Mudbloods and Murmurs
– Hermione faces prejudice due to her Muggle heritage, which angers Harry and Ron.
– They notice that someone has been attacking students who have Muggle-born parents.
Chapter 8: The Deathday Party
– Harry, Ron, and Hermione attend Nearly Headless Nick’s deathday party.
– They encounter a ghost named Moaning Myrtle who claims to know something about the attacks at Hogwarts.
Chapter 9: The Writing on the Wall
– Harry discovers mysterious writing on the wall accusing the Chamber of Secrets being opened and a warning of danger.
– Filch’s cat, Mrs. Norris, is found petrified near the writing.
Chapter 10: The Rogue Bludger
– During a Quidditch match, Harry is continuously targeted by a rogue bludger.
– Harry follows the lurking bludger and uncovers that he is not the intended target.
Chapter 11: The Duelling Club
– Professor Lockhart starts a duelling club and pairs Harry with Draco.
– The duelling lesson goes awry, resulting in a dangerous serpent being released.
Chapter 12: The Polyjuice Potion
– Hermione concocts a Polyjuice Potion to help Harry and Ron disguise themselves as Crabbe and Goyle in order to extract information from Malfoy.
– They encounter Malfoy, but he does not provide valuable information.
Chapter 13: The Very Secret Diary
– Harry discovers a diary that used to belong to Tom Marvolo Riddle, a former Hogwarts student.
– He confides in the diary and it writes back to him, revealing its real nature.
Chapter 14: Cornelius Fudge
– Harry and Ron learn about Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic, visiting Hagrid to discuss the attacks at Hogwarts.
– Fudge believes Hagrid is responsible.
Chapter 15: Aragog
– Harry and Ron venture into the Forbidden Forest to find Aragog, a massive spider, to learn more about the Chamber of Secrets.
– Aragog reveals that the monster in the Chamber is not a spider.
Chapter 16: The Chamber of Secrets
– Hermione is found petrified, and Harry and Ron discover that Hagrid was innocent all along.
– Harry and Ron encounter Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom and find the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets.
Chapter 17: The Heir of Slytherin
– Harry enters the Chamber of Secrets alone and encounters Tom Riddle, who reveals himself as the memory of a teenage Voldemort.
– Riddle releases the Basilisk, a deadly serpent, to kill Harry.
Chapter 18: Dobby’s Reward
– Fawkes, Dumbledore’s Phoenix, blinds the Basilisk, allowing Harry to destroy it with a basilisk fang.
– Dobby helps Harry escape the Chamber, but they are caught by Lucius Malfoy. Dobby reveals that he freed him from the Dursleys to protect him.
Chapter 19: The Rogue Bludger and the Chamber of Secrets
– Harry and his friends inform Dumbledore and the teachers about Tom Riddle, the Chamber, and how Ginny Weasley was manipulated to open it.
– Lucius Malfoy is exposed as the one who slipped the diary into Ginny’s belongings.
Chapter 20: The End of an Eventful Year
– Harry is celebrated and awarded for his bravery.
– The school year comes to an end, and Harry leaves the wizarding world, looking forward to the next year at Hogwarts.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets summary