Chapters of Diary of a Wimpy Kid pdf
1. Chapter 1: Welcome to My World
– Introduces the main character, Greg Heffley, and his middle school life.
– Greg talks about his struggles in finding a best friend and fitting in.
– He introduces his diary which he calls his “journal.”
2. Chapter 2: Rules for Pruning the Moustache
– Greg’s dad suggests that he should prune his upper lip hair.
– Greg tries to grow a “manly” mustache but fails.
– He follows his dad’s strict rules for mustache grooming and gets embarrassed at school.
3. Chapter 3: Let’s Face it, We’re Doomed
– Greg joins the school’s wrestling team to impress girls.
– He finds out that being on the team involves tough physical training.
– Greg struggles with the demanding workouts and eventually decides to quit.
4. Chapter 4: Warning! Under Construction!
– Greg’s neighborhood is under construction, causing chaos and changes to their daily lives.
– Greg tries to figure out creative ways to navigate the construction site.
– Adventures unfold as he tries to avoid getting injured by bulldozers and cement mixers.
5. Chapter 5: The Cheese Touch
– A rumor about a “cheese touch” starts spreading through the school.
– Whoever touches the moldy piece of cheese in the schoolyard becomes an outcast.
– Greg and his best friend, Rowley, try to avoid getting the “cheese touch” and come up with strategies to protect themselves.
6. Chapter 6: In a Pickle
– Greg accidentally damages a school property and tries to avoid confessing.
– He employs different tactics to shift the blame onto others.
– Greg eventually realizes the importance of being honest and faces the consequences.
7. Chapter 7: A Piece of Cake
– Greg’s mom spends hours baking a cake for a school fundraiser.
– He tries to find ways to get the biggest slice of cake at the event.
– Greg’s plans go awry due to his inability to resist temptation.
8. Chapter 8: The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary
– Greg and Rowley decide to create their own movie during summer vacation.
– They face numerous challenges throughout the filmmaking process.
– The chapter includes funny anecdotes and behind-the-scenes details of their movie-making adventure.
9. Chapter 9: Valentine’s Day Surprise
– Greg struggles to find a suitable Valentine’s Day gift for his crush.
– He tries different approaches to win her affection but ends up with embarrassing results.
– Greg learns the lesson of being himself instead of trying too hard to impress others.
10. Chapter 10: School Trip
– Greg and his classmates go on a field trip to a nearby farm.
– Chaos ensues as the students encounter various farm animals and farm-related activities.
– Greg highlights the challenges of getting through the trip unscathed.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid summary